We’ve already hit the lake and the beach a few times this spring and I can’t wait for more days to come this summer! While it’s easy to grab a towel and some SPF and call it a day, I think lake and beach days are WAY more enjoyable when you come prepared. There are so many different things you can bring along for your day by the water, so I rounded up my top 10 lake and beach day essentials that you need to pack! These items always come with us and are super useful, practical, and cute.
Let me know if you have any must-bring items for your lake or beach days in the comments below!
- Visor: I always bring a hat with me to protect my skin from the sun, and this visor is my favorite since it’s lightweight, easy to pack, and I can comfortably lay on a beach chair with it!
- Kindle: If you like to read while you’re by the water a Kindle is a must! It allows me to have a ton of books in one spot which I love if I’m reading a lot.
- Cooler Bag: This backpack is super easy to bring along drinks and snacks and keep them cool!
- Beach Towel: Of course, a beach towel is a must, but I specifically love this one for how cozy and plush it is.
- 40oz Water Bottle: Love this water bottle that keeps your water cool for hours!
- Body Sunscreen: This is my favorite body sunscreen because it’s not sticky and is made with all clean ingredients.
- Ilia Skin Tint: For a tinted face SPF, this one is the best! It gives the nicest, light coverage and is even packed with different skincare ingredients.
- SPF 50 Face Sunscreen: The BEST face sunscreen of all time!! Not greasy at all and is great for sensitive skin.
- Beach Chair: There are a lot of beach chair options out there but I like this one because it can adjust to 4 different positions, is so lightweight, and easy to carry!
- Teva Sandals: A pair of flip-flops is always nice but if you need a little extra support (especially if you’re at the lake and are climbing over rocks and things) these are the best.