Warmer temps are quickly approaching so I usually start to begin craving light and refreshing meals/snacks. I make smoothies almost everyday of the summer and one of my favorites is this “berry” nutritious smoothie recipe. No added sugars and filled with ingredients that help support your gut, skin, hair, allergies, and fertility. Another bonus is that is looks delicious too! (No green haha)
- Half frozen banana
- 3-5 Frozen Strawberries
- 1/2 – 1 cup frozen wild blueberries (high in antioxidants)
- Small Handful of frozen avocado (good fats help support fertility)
- 1 Tablespoon Local Bee Pollen (local helps support allergies)
- Handful of raw walnuts (good fats help support fertility)
- 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds (high in antioxidants and omega 3’s)
- Protein Powder (I prefer pure Vital Proteins powder)
- 1 tablespoon of local raw honey (local helps support allergies)
- 4 oz’s organic aloe vera juice (helps support gut health)
- you favorite milk (i prefer Malk brand oat milk or coconut milk)
- optional: add spinach or kale.
- Blend all together in a smoothie.
- I like to add all of the dry ingredients first.
- If you want an acai bowl texture use less milk and top with your favorite fruit, granola, almond butter, and honey!