We recently traveled to Alys Beach for a quick trip and we got honey whipped feta as an appetizer at one of our favorite restaurants, The Citizen. We made honey whipped feta for the first time at Easter this year because we were so obsessed with it. It is the perfect combo of salty and sweet and it makes a great party appetizer. The recipe is quick and easy to make AND uses little and simple ingredients! I was able to “whip” it together in 5 minutes.
- 4 ounces of feta
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- Garlic or Garlic salt (to taste – I eyeball this)
- Spices: I like Herbs de Province spice blend. You can find this at most grocery stores!
- honey (I suggest local honey because its good for those allergies :D)
- food processor or blender
- Optional: nut of choice (pistachios, almonds, toasted pine nuts, pecans, etc) – we prefer pistachios.
- Heat oven to 350. (this is for the Naan)
- Add the feta, cream cheese, olive oil, garlic, and spices in a food processor.
- Blend until it forms a “whipped” or fluffy consistency.
- Scoop out feta/cream cheese mixture onto a plate.
- Using a spoon, form a hole in the center of the feta/cream cheese mixture and fill with honey.
- Separately, crush/chop the nut of choice and then sprinkle over the cheese mixture.
- Also Separately, put the naan in the oven to heat up. Only should take a few minutes.
- Cut the naan into slices for dipping.
My entire family tried it during Easter this year and it was a big hit! The entire plate was gone! It also can be prepared the day before too. I hope you like this whipped feta recipe as much as we do!
Shop the Post