Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
Oreo Dirt Cake
One of my favorite childhood recipes and a crowd favorite! Perfect if you do not have an oven available. We love to add fun toppings for certain holidays.
*The recipe says to chill overnight, but you do not need to if necessary. I made this at 3 PM and it was good to eat by 7.
Prep Time 25 minutes
Additional Time 1 day
Total Time 1 day 25 minutes
- FYI: We doubled the recipe to fit our bowl, so we DOUBLED the ingredients below:
- 3½ cups milk
- 2 (3.4 oz) packages Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 package of Oreos
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature (we prefer the “light” Cream cheese)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed in the refrigerator ( I love Cool Whip so I added a little more)
- Optional Toppings: Gummy worms, strawberries, candy canes
CRUSH THE OREOS:
- Reserve 8-10 Oreos and cut into fourths. Set aside
- Crush Oreos in either a food processor or a Ziplock bag + rolling pin until they are finely crushed. We did not have a food processor or a rolling pin so we crushed the Oreos with a serving spoon. I made sure to put a cutting board underneath.
- Set aside
MAKE THE PUDDING:
- Mix the pudding and milk in a large bowl and set in refrigerator to chill/thicken
- While the pudding is in the fridge, In a mixer or hand-held mixer, mix together cream cheese and butter until smooth (30-60 seconds)
- Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth
- Add pudding to the mixture and beat until smooth. (Make sure pudding as set before adding)
- Fold in cool whip until smooth.
- Layer the pudding mixture and Oreos. Start with pudding and sprinkle the Oreo crumbles and a few of the Oreo chunks in each layer.
- Add the optional toppings (Gummy worms, strawberries, candy canes) if desired.
- Make sure top layer is the Oreo crumbles.
- Chill in Fridge overnight and then serve. **HOWEVER: If you do not have time to chill, we were able to chill for only a few hours and it was so good!