Ever since we went to Italy last summer there has never been something that sounds more refreshing than a fresh cypress salad. There are so many ways you can make this salad. It makes a great appetizer for parties as well as a side dish for dinner.
Summer Burrata Caprese Salad Recipe
INGREDIENTS: (Picture shown below)
- Fresh heirloom tomatoes (you can use any tomatoes, but these ones from Trader Joe’s taste the best in my opinion(
- Burrata or Mozzarella Cheese: I personally like burrata better because it is lighter and creamier. It makes a great texture to use as a spread on break. I like to get mines at Trader Joe’s. Each container comes with two balls of burrata.
- Balsamic Glaze: Make sure you get the glaze vs balsamic vinaigrette!! This is what makes the recipe taste SO GOOD! top this at the end
- Olive oil: I like to drizzle a little bit of olive oil at the end as well
- Spices: I like to sprinkle with pink salt and let the tomatoes sit in the salt for a few minutes before I serve. I also top with pepper and sometimes basil.
- *Other optional ingredients: avocado, red onion, layer on top of bread.
Mix Ingredients together on a plate and enjoy!