One of my favorite parts about Fall and Winter is fixing up a bowl of soup and enjoying by the fire. You all have been such big fans of my Buffalo Chicken Chili, I thought it would be fun to create a different soup this year. Mike calls this one the “Pumpkin Sweet Potato Chili”. This is definitely a comfort food soup and is surprisingly not as bad for you. Enjoy with your favorite bread or cornbread.
Pumpkin Sweet Potato Chili Recipe
healthy, easy to make. Can be made in both the crockpot and the stove (times will vary)
- 1-2 lbs raw chickenI (I prefer chicken thighs for flavor)
- 8 cups chicken broth (2 cartons)
- 1/2 -1 cup quinoa (I prefer 1/2 cup for a brother soup - I used 1 cup show in the pictures)
- 3 Whole Carrots (chopped)
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 can corn
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1 pack ranch seasoning mix
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (I prefer Greek cream cheese)
- Place chicken in Crockpot
- Chop up veggies and throw in crockpot
- Add in quinoa, spices and broth
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 Hours.
- During the last hour - take out chicken and shred, place chicken back in crockpot then cut up cream cheese into small cubes and add in crockpot.
- Stir and enjoy! Add salt and pepper to taste
- For a spicy kick to it - add your favorite hot sauce ( I prefer Chalula or Franks)
option: cook quinoa separate to prevent it from soaking everything up.