One of my favorite parts about Fall and Winter is fixing up a bowl of soup and enjoying by the fire. You all have been such big fans of my Buffalo Chicken Chili, I thought it would be fun to create a different soup this year. Mike calls this one the “Pumpkin Sweet Potato Chili”. This is definitely a comfort food soup and is surprisingly not as bad for you. Enjoy with your favorite bread or cornbread.
- 1-2 lbs raw chickenI (I prefer chicken thighs for flavor)
- 8 cups chicken broth (2 cartons)
- 1/2 -1 cup quinoa (I prefer 1/2 cup for a brother soup - I used 1 cup show in the pictures)
- 3 Whole Carrots (chopped)
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 can corn
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1 pack ranch seasoning mix
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (I prefer Greek cream cheese)
- Place chicken in Crockpot
- Chop up veggies and throw in crockpot
- Add in quinoa, spices and broth
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 Hours.
- During the last hour - take out chicken and shred, place chicken back in crockpot then cut up cream cheese into small cubes and add in crockpot.
- Stir and enjoy! Add salt and pepper to taste
- For a spicy kick to it - add your favorite hot sauce ( I prefer Chalula or Franks)
option: cook quinoa separate to prevent it from soaking everything up.