This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pantene. The opinions and text are all mine.
Can you all believe we are halfway through February already? I don’t know about you, but I have been ready for Spring since the day after Christmas. Since starting the new year, I made a goal to get my hair back in shape. With blogging, I am constantly curling my hair for shoots. Because of this I have had the worst split ends! It actually became a big insecurity for me and I was even afraid to do anything with my hair. We all have bad hair days and even though a lot of times people don’t even notice it, we all still feel and notice it.
If you have been following me along on my Instagram (@tallblondebell.com), I just finished doing the Pantene 14 Day Challenge to try to and turn my bad hair day into a great hair day. This challenge consisted of using shampoo and conditioner from Pantene collection for 14 days. After 14 days, I was interested to see what a difference this challenge could make to my hair. Because I struggled with split ends due to heat and color, I chose to use the Pantene Repair & Protect Shampoo and Conditioner. After 14 days I definitely noticed that my hair is softer and smoother. I finally had more “great hair days” than bad hair days
One thing I want to address is that we all have different hair types with different needs so I cannot guarantee you will have the same results as I did with the Repair & Protect Pantene Collection. That is why Pantene has a collection for all hair types. Below is each hair type with a selection of recommended products:
- Colored hair that feels the heat || The Pantene Repair and Protect Shampoo and Conditioner (What I used)
- Curly/wavy hair prone to frizz || The Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner
- Textured Hair for women of African Ancestry || Pantene Gold Series Moisture Boost Shampoo and Conditioner
- Fine/Flat Hair looking for Volume || Pantene Sheer Volume Shampoo and Conditioner
A few facts about my hair type:
- It is thick.
- My natural color is dirty blonde and I add blonde highlights to the top
- It is naturally straight and I curl it every other day. Sometimes everyday for photo shoots.
- I wash it twice per week.
- I get it cut every 8-10 weeks.
- I also wear hair extensions to add length in my hair. I got them replaced halfway through the challenge so you will see difference in length in the before and after pictures.
Overall I am pretty satisfied with the challenge. The most important thing about this challenge is to get to know your hair type and to choose the product that is best for YOU. If you were interested in the Repair & Protect Shampoo and Conditioner, Walmart has a great price! See here to pick up the dual pack. Alternatively, Walmart also has a deal on the larger sized conditioner pump – check it out here.
Will you accept this challenge? Below are shots of my progress from Days 1, 7, and 14. (LEFT to RIGHT)