Easy Buffalo Chicken Chili
Last month I tried out a buffalo chicken chili recipe on Pinterest and it quickly became both Michael and I’s favorite of all time soup recipe. Fall is the time of year where I am always craving something warm and cozy and this bowl of heaven doesn’t disappoint. It has the right balance of spice and flavor and it only take 10 minutes to prep and uses basic ingredients. This is the best to make this chili on a Sunday in the fall for football games or when its snowing outside and all you want to do is put on a big sweatshirt, cozy socks, and watch some Netflix.
I started finding this recipe all over Pinterest, but I made a few weeks to it to my own tasting. My recipes makes about 10 servings and you can easily cut this recipes in half if you want. We love this recipes because it makes good leftovers.
This recipe is made using a crockpot, but you could easily make this on the stove. I would just saute the chicken ahead of time.
- 2lbs chicken breast
- Two 15 oz cans of white beans
- Three 14.5 oz cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1-1 and a half cups of buffalo wing sauce
- 2 packs of ranch dressing mix
- 2-3 cups of frozen corn
- 1-2 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp of celery salt
- 1-2 dried cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Start with putting the whole, uncooked chicken breasts, at the bottom of the crockpot
- Add everything but the cream cheese and cilantro in the crockpot
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours
- After 3 hours take out chicken and shred it, Put chicken back in. Also add in cream cheese.
- Cook all the ingredients for 1 more hours (making it 4 hours total on high or 8 hours on low)
- Serve and top with cilantro and a baked loaf of sourdough bread.
Vegetarian option is to replace the chicken with cauliflower, add noodles, or add more beans.
This sounds absolutely amazing! Can’t wait to try it on a Fall day while being cozy 🙂
yay!! I hope you like it!
Hi – could you replace cream cheese with coconut milk?
It is worth a try! It may not be as creamy!
I don’t see the calorie breakdown. Did I skip over it.
There is no calorie breakdown! I am so sorry!
Hi! Any ideas to make this a bit less spicy? Anything we could add to tone it down? Thanks!
I would add less buffalo sauce and more cream cheese. Dairy can cancel out the spice sometimes!!