Taking a trip to Colorado during the summer is one of the most underrated places to visit. Many people travel to Colorado in the winter to see the snowy peaks and ski, but honestly I think the summer takes the real prize. My sister-in-law Libby, from FaithfullyFitArmy, and I took one last summer trip out west before the colder temps come in. After booking a super cheap flight to Denver we began researching the best hotels in Denver and the Hilton Denver City Center was on the top of the list of best hotels. After seeing its newly remodeled rooms and amenities and its central location to all of the most popular parts in town, and its view of the mountains we knew that we wanted to stay at the Hilton.
As we walked in everything was well lit with natural light. The entire first floor has floor to ceiling windows. I loved how bright and light all of the decor was. I was immediately drawn to a large fireplace with a big comfy couch that was calling my name. Not to mention there is a Starbuck’s right in the lobby! Between the fire, the large couches, and the Starbucks I already felt at home.
After a quick and easy check in, Willie the bellman took our luggage to our we found out that they Hilton upgraded us to the Presidential suite! We had no idea what that actually meant until we took our first steps into our room. We about DIED. The suite was absolutely stunning and quite honestly bigger than my first apartment. Hilton does not mess around. There was a full kitchen, conference space with a large table and TV, a spacious living room with a large section and fireplace, TWO rooms, three bathrooms, three Keurigs. The master bath had a bathtub INSIDE the shower! I felt like we won the jackpot! Every space in this suite was intentional and taken full advantage of. We loved how many difference nooks there were in the Presidential suite where we could work.
What I loved most was the handwritten note, gift, and plate of fresh fruit given to us by the staff at the Hilton. Libby and I both could agree that we felt welcomed, safe, and family to the staff at the Hilton.
One of the many reasons why we loved the Hilton Denver City Center is its central location to everything in the city. We were an 8 minute Uber drive to Larimar Square, one of the most popular streets in downtown Denver filled with the best food and entertainment. After answers a few emails, freshening up in our amazing bathroom (three to be exact), we decided to hit the town and get some amazing food in Larimar Square.
Denver is filled with a ton of amazing restaurants, but by far we had two restaurants that were the most recommended places to eat.
Where we ate:
- Linger. A restaurant with rooftop seating and great food. If you ever go to Linger please do yourself a favor and eat on the rooftop and get their sweet potato fries!! Because there is a lot of seating we didn’t have to wait at all! We were able to go on a night where they had swing dancing in the main area outside of Linger with live music. It was such an experience!
- Tamayo. The second night we went over to the popular Larimar Square and had the BEST Mexican food! Sitting right on the corner of Larimar, Tamayo’s atmosphere is just what we wanted after a long day of hiking. Their rooftop overlooking the sunset was breathtaking! I have high expectations when it comes to chips and quest and Tamayo blew those expectations out of the water! If you ever make your way to Tamayo you have to try their guacamole and queso. I love how you can decide on any dish if you want mild, regular, or spicy! For the main course I chose their coffee rubbed flank steak with corn tortillas to make steak tacos. It was UNREAL. I know my husband would have loved it as well. We finished off our meal with the most delicious, melt in your mouth, empanadas. Libby doesn’t usually prefer desserts and she ate every bite it was that good. If you are ever in the area definitely make your way to Tamayo.
Breakfast at the Hilton Denver City Center:
After a great nights rest, Libby and I went down a couple of floors for a complimentary breakfast at the Executive Lounge. This private lounge for guests does not mess around. There was no waiting and they had every possibly breakfast option: oatmeal, fresh fruit, eggs, hash browns, toast, pastries, juices, and of course coffee. However it was just any coffee machine, it was machine that makes specialty drinks like lattes, cappuccinos, and hot chocolate. I had to make my all time favorite honey latte. They even had To-Go cups that I could take on my way out.
Hiking Near Hilton Denver City Center:
After breakfast we decided to go to Boulder for a little hiking. What we love about the Hilton is that it is central to a lot of national parks and hiking areas. We drove 35 minutes to see the Royal Arch in Boulder, 1 hour and 15 minutes to see the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, and Estes Park is 1 hour and 30 minutes away as well. If we would have stayed in either Estes Park or Colorado Springs, we probably wouldn’t have been able to drive to the other parks. Staying in Denver kept up right in the middle of both locations so we could experience both! Below are some pictures from our hikes that we did while during our stay.
Shop My Hiking Outfit
Some of you may be reading this and may be asking, so get down to the point. What sets the Hilton apart from surrounding hotels in Denver. I am going to get straight to the point and here are my top reasons why Hilton Denver City Center is a good choice:
- Newly renovated and clean facilities
- It is in walking distance to the most popular streets that are filled with the cities best restaurants and shopping.
- They are revamping their hotel to be more fitness oriented. We got to sneak down to the gym and it was unbelievable They had every type of exercise equipment possible.
- It is safe. In order to get to your floor, you must swipe your key before selecting a floor.
- It has a few dining options on site. (The Starbucks in the main lobby sold me!)
- Is it easy to get to and is only a few minutes from a major highway.
- The customer service is fantastic. Every person who works there you could tell genuinely cared about your experience.
- It has large spaces/ballrooms for conferences.
- They always have specials going on.
- There is a Starbucks in the main lobby
- Plenty of restaurants inside the Hilton.
If you want to learn more about Hilton Denver City Center or to make a reservation for your next trip, Click HERE.
Even though the most of us were excited to see our husbands at home when I trip ended, we both could agree that the Hilton felt like family to us while we were there. Thank you so much Hilton Denver City Center hosting us and we are already looking forward to visiting Colorado in the future!