I hope you all are enjoying your week so far! It has been a hot and sunny week here in Indy. I have had the time to catch up on a lot of emails and content before Michael and I head on a hiking trip to Asheville, NC in a couple weeks.
If you would have asked me what the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale was this time last year, I am embarrassed to say that I could’t have told you anything. It wasn’t until I found out through several friends that it is one of the best sales to happen from any department store every year. Last year I went for the first time and i was BLOWN AWAY by the amazing deals on not on old out of season items, but a sale on new arrivals and items that are great for fall and honestly can be used for all seasons. I stocked up on shoes, staple pieces such as cardigans and jeans, and workout clothes as well.
What is it?
The Nordstrom Sale is basically a two week sale where Nordstrom marks down brand new Fall items before the Fall season starts. After the two weeks are up, these items go back to their full, original prices. What makes this sale unique is that NEW arrivals are put on sale BEFORE the season instead of at the end of the season. Nordstrom Carholder’s are able to get a early access to this sale a week early. You can receive points on all purchases and get major rewards throughout the year. Sign up HERE to become a cardholder and to get early access to this sale.
When is it?
- July 11th– The sale opens up to Nordstrom Level 4 cardholders only.
- July 12th– The sale opens up to All Nordstrom cardholders before it opens to the rest of the public. This is know as the “Early Access” Sale. This is the part of the sale where most of the items sell out. Trust me…..you don’t want to miss out on this. If you are interested in signing up for a the Nordstrom card to access this part of the sale, the process is simple. You can apply directly for one HERE .
- July 20th– This is when the sale is open to the entire public. Any one, including people who do not have the Nordstrom Card, can shop during this part of the sale.
- August 5th– This is the LAST DAY of the sale. On July 6th, everything will go back to it’s original, full price.
Why it’s worth it?
Basically this is a great time to buy solid, good quality, staple pieces that will take you through the entire year into spring. I was able to purchase $35 workout leggings that I still love to this day (these leggings were originally $70). I also love this sale for the SHOES! This is when they release all of the cute Fall boots and booties but hat almost 30-50% off the original price!
Tips for the Sale:
- Sometimes they restock items that are sold out! The only catch is that they may restock them AFTER the sale ends.
- Figure out what you want to buy first. I usually think about staple pieces first, and then go for the trendy items.
- Stay tuned to my blog on updates for the sale and items that have been restocked.
- You can also stay tuned on my Instagram and my Stories for updates.
- Shop the sale when it opens! Don’y want until the afternoon or weekends to shop. It can be crowded.
- Nordstrom offers FREE SHIPPING and FREE RETURNS. You are always better safe than sorry purchasing the item before it sells out because you can always return it and buy it without the extra fees.
I can’t wait to share with you all my favorites from this sale! Stay tuned to my stories this Thursday to shop my favorites from online!
**My midi dress completely sold out, but I linked three similar (and cheaper) styles that I may go have to get myself!